Saturday, January 5, 2013

Patterns

My lovely friend who I mentioned the other day has now started a blog herself. I must return the favor. Her blog has a great start showing much love for what is around her. You can find her here: Dragon-nest-eggs

Something my friend's mother brought up, about my blog, I feel the pressing need to address. In my intro post I touched on my use of patterns but I feel I can elaborate more.

I learned to crochet when I was 9 or 10 but it took me till I was 17 to learn to read patterns. I had tried before then but I didn't grasp it. I had a bit of help and searched the internet before I finally was able to get anywhere with them. However, I haven't used many. I can now read them but I am not proficient and have only worked a few projects from patterns. I used them just long enough to get the concepts down. I have only used patterns for how to complete stitches in the last 2-3 years so I haven't even really seen a pattern for a complete project in that time. This is the main reason I haven't given it much consideration to adding patterns on the site, ether my own or as featured.

There is other reasons, besides possibly not being able to make a pattern that others would understand, for my not writing any. Most of my large projects I don't even take notes for other then when symmetry is needed. So I can't even repeat those projects without guessing as to what I did. For big projects I don't mind them being one of a kind. Too much work and too many ideas to want too make another exactly the same. For little projects, like all those bunnies you saw, I did write a pattern for. Problem with that is I'm probably the only one who can read it because it is all numbers and dashes. If I did write any words down it would be something like 5 steps or go to half way.

It would just take an extreme turn about from how I normally work for me to write a pattern. That being said I am up for taking requests. Small ones that is. I am willing to try and make patterns for you and if I honestly can't write a step I'm sure there is a way to work around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment