Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Good Will and StarWars

Sometime earlier this month I got to talking about GoodWill and used Stephen King books, how the store always had them. Shortly after this conversation I was on my way to lunch when a traffic accident caused me stop at a different fast food place, right next to a GoodWill. I couldn't resist, I had to look. What I found wasn't Stephen King, well....one Stephen King book, but StarWars. Lots and lots of StarWars. I never knew there where so many books about it. o.o I swear a fan had to die for that collection to be given to charity.

I happily took home the original trilogy, which I feel very fortunate to find, as well as the Han Solo Trilogy and The Lando Calrissian Adventures. If I can get the Han Solo Adventures I would have the whole story arc. <3 I sound like such a nerd and I'm loving ever second of it. The first book, the only one I believe to be written by George Lucas, is dreamy. That is the best way to put it for me. It has the elements that make me fall in love.

Where there are multiple authors, how many I don't know, for the long series, if the original is any indication, I'll have a long obsession ahead of me. I'm the type of person when I get into a series I want ALL of the series. Anything and everything I can get my hands on that go back to the original as best it can. Here I thought my eying Doctor Who books would get me into enough trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment