Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hard Times

Last semester I came back to Colorado to start on the second half of my degree. I want nothing more then to be an art teacher. Of all the self doubts I have and all the insecurities that is the one thing that I truly believe in. I would be a great teacher. I've always been interested in learning information and passing it on. I know this is the right thing for me. This school has made me happy, really really happy. I loved every one of my classes and the people I meet shocked me with how good they where. I spent all my time trying to do the best I could and get he most out of my school. I participated in ways I never have in school before. I pushed myself hard to excel at all the art I did.

I felt like I was getting somewhere.

I'm probably not going back. My mom works the hardest out of everyone I know. She tried so, so hard to be able to pay for my school. It isn't working and her health isn't good. I've been working to find a job for the last month and it hasn't come through. I've looked for scholoarships but I don't qualify for the ones at my school till I get into my program. I need just one more class. Just one more class and I could get some help but I have no means to get that class done.

I got my fafsa information today....They are not going to help. I really hate fafsa. They don't ask what debt you have. They don't ask if you have had health issues that have set you back. They don't care if your father doesn't intend to help.

I don't know what I am going to do. I haven't a clue how to get out of this situation. How do I get people to notice me? To help?

I know I'm good at art but what do I do to benefit from that?

I feel really helpless right now.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Moon! It's TurtleSensei,

    I know how you feel! I was going to school back in 2008 for a degree in Forensic Anthropology and a teaching degree for history. I got to sick from !y Crohn's Disease though and ended up a few credits shymof my Bachelor's Degree. My !other was unable to help pay for school and !y father lives in Germany and its difficult to send money over when he can. Have you looked into getting a loan? If your credit is bad you may still be able to get one with a co-signer? I'll keep you in my prayers and I genuinely hope that things improve! We need more loving and caring teachers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working to get a few loans...the problem is my mom isn't in a position to co-sign right now. I'm sure we will figure something out.

      I'm so sorry to hear you where so close to getting your degree! I also hope you are feeling better. I do believe you said you where in the hospital after surgery?

      Delete
  2. Yup, I got to come home June 30th. In pain, but doing well! And so happy to have that ostomy bag off of my tummy!

    And I hope they come through! Art teachers are gravely under appreciated! My art teachers are some of the only reasons I didn't commit suicide in high school! I had a really rough childhood and my mom was super abusive! But my art teachers Mrs. Hobart and Mr. Louden saved my life multiple times by letting me express my fear and anxiety in my art and by just being kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take one to go! -huggles- I'm sorry you had such a rough child hood but I'm glad you gained so much from your art teachers. I didn't get along with most of mine! I so need to kidnap you as a spokes person for keeping art in schools!

      Also glad you are doing well.

      Delete