Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Frank Zappa Tribute

This was a bit of a hell. I did a lot of work for this in the last two days. I started on the last bit on Monday at 1. At 8 at night my pencils started giving me a problem. They broke about 6 times in 5 minutes. I wish I was over estimating that number. I would run out to get some more....it ended up taking two hours. The first store didn't have any, someone tried to hit me up for money, and the next store had a really slow check out. Finally my card wouldn't swipe and I had to waste time pulling out another.

The mic gave me hell as well. It was really staticy and I returned it. I found a way to edit it but then it chopped some of my words. I tried to rerecord those sections but there are still a few that are poor. To find a way to edit them took a good chunk of time and so did my poor reading skills. I kept messing up.

I didn't have time to finish the picture and get everything edited in time for the assignment. In fact after 26 hours, because I had to go to class then come home and upload it, I am technically late turning it in. I was tired and slept leave me alone.

The biggest hitch was the program had a hard time with the movie clips. I couldn't use all the film because I could only speed it up so much and only had so much to say. The clips would play black or buffer so I couldn't physically see what I edited and how it looked and sounded together. I ended up doing a few desperate things. One was to just go ahead and save it for publishing and upload it and hope it played right. When I did this for hd I couldn't find the file. So I just went ahead and did it in low quality and uploaded it. I got lucky and no black. Then I had to resave it as hd and upload it. It was still trying to do that as I left for class.

I was a bit extreme when I got there and I hope my class mates don't think I'm too crazy for giggling at the stupidest crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment