Sunday, January 1, 2012

Felt, I dislike you.

I have a love hate relationship with felt. I'm beginning to think I am just prejudiced against it. I don't like felt plushies most of the time. They look cheap to me, to rough looking to want to keep them in my hand and feel their texture.

On the other side of things I know felt has a great value. Perhaps even more value then anything else for those that are beginning. The price is perfect for those of a younger age, most sheets come prices around a quarter or two. The material maintains its shape, no wrinkles and less possibility to miscut something. Colors come in a very nice range.

I recently, within a day or two, learned the blanket stitch. I wanted a cheap way to practice and felt wouldn't leave my mind. Flight of the Yoricks, which Zantarni users would know about, completed its quest today giving me a poor excuse to celebrate with felt. What a great treat, something I don't like, spending more money, and adding more projects to my already flooded mind.

With $7 I was able to get 12 sheets and the crochet thread I would be using to sew.

 Is it just me or are my pictures getting worse? -pouts- I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment